10 Reasons to Get Excited for This Year’s Event
Calling all seafood lovers! We’re just about a month away from our weeklong lowcountry culinary and cultural festival. And we couldn’t think of a better way to kickoff the countdown than by sharing the top 10 reasons why this event gets better and better every year.
1. Duh, the seafood! Maybe we’re a little biased, but there’s just something about southern seafood that makes it impossible to beat. There’s a reason why so many recipes try to imitate a good ol’ fashioned southern boil: our seafood is fresh and irresistible—especially when paired with a cold brew.
2. A Nice Cold One And speaking of brews, our week’s food fest lineup has been strategically paired with the perfect beverages to create a match made in culinary heaven. Enjoy wines hand-picked by maser sommeliers, local craft brews, bottomless Bloody Marys, and more. Find the event that speaks to your beverage preference here.
3. The Namesake Event The eleven-year hit is back at the Honey Horn Plantation. This family-friendly event features tons of restaurant vendors, a silent auction, arts and crafts booths, and more. Plus, live music by Deas-Guyz from noon to 4 p.m. Looking for an exclusive experience? There are a limited number of VIP tickets available for access to the VIP Lounge area, catered gourmet cuisine, and access to one of the festival’s private parking lots.
4. Catching Your Meal and Eating it Too Ever wanted to try your hand at catching your own dinner? This year you can by setting out on the water with a couple of the lowcountry’s most notable watermen, Christopher and Matthew Shoemaker. Learn the ins and outs of shrimping, oystering, clamming, and more, and then enjoy your catch at Hudson’s Seafood on the Docks.
5. Exploring Hilton Head Island The island just gets better with age, and throughout the week you’ll have many opportunities to set out and explore all that the island has to offer. Bike trails, beaches, and wildlife make Hilton Head the ideal backyard to our southern get together.
6. Learning While You Taste If you’re going to learn something new, it’s got to be fun. Thankfully we’ve got you covered on both with events like Pitmaster 101. Learn smokin’ and roastin’ from the pros while they prepare for the lively Pig Pickin’ & Oyster Roast event. The best part? You get to be the taste-tester!
7. Meeting Celebrity Chefs We’ve created a brand new event with the ultimate foodie in mind. Prestigious James Beard Foundation award-winning chefs will come together for a multi-course, one-of-a-kind dinner, and their culinary creations will be paired with refined selections from expert sommeliers.
8. Our Top Beverage Sponsors Let’s have another round! The best of the best in the beverage world are a few of our amazing sponsors this year. Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Charleston Bloody Mary Mix, Four Roses Bourbon, and Blue Chair Bay Rum are sure to bring your drinks to the next level. Be sure to check out the full list of our sponsors.
9. Celebrating Sunday Dockside It wouldn’t be a southern affair without a family-style Sunday brunch to wrap up the weekend. Enjoy a view of the water with a table dockside to make this late-morning meal truly memorable.
10. Getting Together, Southern Style Life is busy these days—which makes it harder to find the time to come together. That’s why we make sure our weeklong festival is filled with great food, drink, artisan, tastemakers and entertainment to make up for lost times and celebrate all that we love about southern culture.
Those are just some of our reasons to celebrate. What’s yours?