APPLYING FOR FUNDING
Non-profit organizations are invited to participate at the Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival each year. Those organizations that accept an invitation to participate and subsequently provide resources critical to the success of the Festival are eligible to apply for community grants provided by the David M. Carmines Foundation.
Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed in the IRS Master File that conduct activities in the United States.
- A K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or a church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large such as food pantries, soup kitchens, clothing closets, etc.
- All organizations must verify that they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- Submitting an online application does not guarantee funding.
- The facility manager and the grant administrator reserve the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
- Non-profits applying for funding must meet minimum participation hours as approved by the David M. Carmines Board of Directors. Participation Hours are based on the current size of the non-profit organization and the total funds requested for that year.